Update OnePlus 2 to OxygenOS 3.5.8 (MM) OTA Official Firmware
OnePlus is sitting quite in term of rolling Android Nougat for OnePlus 2. However, the OEM pushed an incremental roll-out of OxygenOS 3.5.8 for the OnePlus 2 which include Google security patch to 1st March 2017. The Update also Fixed persistent network drop issues which exist in the previous version of OxygenOS. For those who were on previous versions of OxygenOS for the OnePlus 2, can directly update via OTA. Tony L. (OxygenOS PM Staff Member) already mentioned “As always, this OTA will be incremental. The OTA will reach a small percentage of users today, and we’ll begin a broader rollout in a few days”. If you still did not get the OTA, follow our detailed guide to install OOS 3.5.8 on OnePlus 2 manually.
This is a Fresh Clean Flash Guide to install OOS 3.5.8 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on OnePlus 2. So, make sure the device is Unlocked and rooted before going ahead with custom ROM installation. OR Check our Unlocking Guide here: How to Unlock OnePlus 2 Bootloader and Install TWRP. After unlocking, make sure to Flash SuperSU to Root the phone.
Disclaimer: Please read the following instructions thoroughly before attempting to flash your phone. Droidphoria.com absolves itself from any responsibility should something go wrong. Please proceed with caution and at your own risk.
As you know, Marshmallow largely maintained the overall look of Lollipop but baked in some big new features like Doze Mode, the fingerprint API and granular permissions. This ROM include some Brand new inbuilt features like Aggressive Doze, Dark Mode, Color Doing Customization and icon packs support.
- Updated Google security patch to 1st March 2017
- Fixed echo issue during video calls in Duo App
- Fixed persistent network drop issues
- Fixed data roaming issue in certain countries
- Improved audio compatibility
- General bug fixes
Important: Known issues and fixes:
- Unable to use 4G network for various carriers in India
- Fix: Go to Settings > Backup & Reset > Network settings reset > Reset settings.
- Unable to upgrade to 3.5.8 for encrypted devices
- Fix: Download this apk, install it. Go to Settings > System updates > Proceed to download the OTA package and reboot to upgrade to 3.5.8.
- For those who have encrypted their devices but have yet to update their phones, please also perform the steps above in order to upgrade to 3.5.8.
Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods, etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
To Remember :
- This tutorial is only for installing OOS 3.5.8 on OnePlus 2. Please do not try on any other OnePlus variants.
- Your phone should have a custom recovery installed in order to install this VoLTE Patched ROM on your phone.
- We will be using TWRP Recovery for this tutorial.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Droidphoria.com for the OnePlus 2, but we think you might be interested in the following posts :
- [Stable] Official MIUI 8 for OnePlus 2 VoLTE Android 6.0.1 Firmware
- Update OnePlus 2 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat HydrogenOS Firmware
- [CAF] HalogenOS 7.1 for OnePlus 2 Nougat Custom Firmware
- Update OnePlus 2 to Android 7.1.1 Resurrection Remix Nougat Firmware
- Latest Build: Official FlyMe OS for OnePlus 2 is here!
- Paranoid is Back – Install on OnePlus 2 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Install Official Hydrogen OS v1.4 on OnePlus 2 Marshmallow Update [Google Ready Guide]
Step 2: Connect and mount your OnePlus 2 USB memory to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3: Now copy/paste the downloaded OOS 3.5.8 file to your phone memory / SD card. Make sure the files are in the phone memory / SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4: Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5: Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons together.
Step 6: Once you are in TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe by tapping on the ‘Wipe’ button. Then swipe on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
Step 7: Now go back to the main menu and then tap on the ‘Install’ button. From the list, choose the ZIP file that you copied to your phone memory in Step 3.
Step 8: Confirm installation on the next screen by swiping on the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option. The installation procedure should start now.
Step 9: Tap on the “Wipe cache/dalvik” button if you get into any boot loops or other issues.
Step 10: You can now reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot System” button.
Your OnePlus 2 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time after flashing a new ROM. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your OnePlus 2 should now have OOS 3.5.8 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Official ROM installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Any problem during installation ? Let me know by commenting below! Also, don’t forget to share, ONLY if you found this post helpful to you.