Install CM 14 VoLTE ROM on OnePlus 2 – Android 7 Nougat
Disclaimer: Please read the following instructions thoroughly before attempting to flash your phone. Droidphoria.com absolves itself from any responsibility should something go wrong. Please proceed with caution and at your own risk.
As you know, Marshmallow largely maintained the overall look of Lollipop but baked in some big new features like Doze Mode, the fingerprint API and granular permissions. One year on and Nougat follows suit, maintaining the home screen and app drawer design of Marshmallow, but digging even deeper, laying the fundamental groundwork for what is yet to come.
Some Features of Android 7 Nougat:
- Over 1500 emoji including 72 new ones
- Multi Locale language settings
- Multi-window view
- Quick switch between apps
- Doze on the Go
- Custom Quick Settings
- Notification Direct Reply
- Bundled Notifications
- Data Saver
- Notification Controls
- Display Size
- Seamless Updates
- File-based Encryption
- Direct Boot
NOTE: Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods, etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
- This tutorial is only for installing VoLTE enabled CM 14 ROM on OnePlus 2. Please do not try on any other OnePlus variants.
- Your phone should have a custom recovery installed in order to install this VoLTE Patched ROM on your phone.
- We will be using TWRP Recovery for this tutorial.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Droidphoria.com for the OnePlus 2, but we think you might be interested in the following posts :
- [Stable] Official MIUI 8 for OnePlus 2 VoLTE Android 6.0.1 Firmware
- Latest Build: Official FlyMe OS for OnePlus 2 is here!
- Paranoid is Back – Install on OnePlus 2 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Update OnePlus 2 to Official CyanogenMod 13 [Latest Build]
- Update OnePlus 2 to Android 6.0.1 Resurrection Remix Marshmallow Firmware
- Update OnePlus 2 to OxygenOS 3.0.2 Final OTA [Clean Installation Guide]
- Install Official Exodus 6.0 on OnePlus 2 [Latest Marshmallow Build]
- Install Official Hydrogen OS v1.4 on OnePlus 2 Marshmallow Update [Google Ready Guide]
HOW TO: Install Android 7 CM 14 on OnePlus 2 [Grarak Build]
NOTE (for GApps) : Select ARM64 > Android 6.0 > Pico to download for the best result. Later on you can download all the GApps of your choice from Play Store.
Step 2: Connect and mount your OnePlus 2 USB memory to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3: Now copy/paste the downloaded CM 14 zip and Google Apps zip files to your phone memory / SD card. Make sure the files are in the phone memory / SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4: Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5: Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons together.
Step 6: Once you are in TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe by tapping on the ‘Wipe’ button. Then swipe on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
Step 7: Now go back to the main menu and then tap on the ‘Install’ button. From the list, choose the ZIP file that you copied to your phone memory in Step 3.
Step 8: Confirm installation on the next screen by swiping on the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option. The installation procedure should start now.
Google Apps: Once the ROM installation is completed, repeat the above steps from Step 7 to Step 8 for the Google Apps zip file as well and install it on your phone.
Step 9: Tap on the “Wipe cache/dalvik” button if you get into any boot loops or other issues.
Step 10: You can now reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot System” button.
Your One will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time after flashing a new ROM. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your OnePlus 2 should now have VoLTE Enabled CyanogenMod 14 Android Nougat custom ROM installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Any problem during installation ? Let me know by commenting below! Also, don’t forget to share, ONLY if you found this post helpful to you.