[Guide] Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 on MIUI 8 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Benefits of Rooting
- Flash Custom ROMs
- Overclock CPU
- Move Apps from Internal Storage to SD Card (If possible)
- Modify System Files, Deep into Android OS
- Backup Android Phone with Nandroid
- Advanced Task Managers – Save Battery
- Flash a Custom Recovery
- Thermal Control of CPU
- and many more…!
You can easily root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 on MIUI 8 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow using the tutorial below. You will need to have an unlocked bootloader first, or this tutorial will wipe off all your data. Don’t worry; we have everything covered in the detailed steps below – even a tutorial on how to Unlock Bootloader.
|Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143757785@N03/|
To Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 on MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, please read our detailed step-by-step tutorial below. This guide if only for unlocked phone Only. If your phone is Factory Locked, please make sure to unlock the Bootloader first before starting this tutorial. As Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 international model does not have a locked bootloader, this guide can work on its own given that you have the correct model.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of How to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 on MIUI 8 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. We will use SuperSU Zip for rooting. For more details, continue reading. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: Please read the following instructions thoroughly before attempting to flash your phone. Droidphoria.com absolves itself from any responsibility should something go wrong. Please proceed with caution and at your own risk.
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Droidphoria for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Customise: How to Change Boot Logo of Redmi Note 4 (Splash Screen)
- Unlock Bootloader: How to Unlock Redmi Note 4 Bootloader – (Snapdragon + Mediatek)
If this is your very first time rooting a phone, we understand you would want to make sure your rooting process go as smooth as possible. So before rooting, make sure you have backed up your important Apps and Data.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 USB Driver:
Tips: Backup your Device for Safety
- Always Backup your important data that you might need after installing a Custom ROM, Official Firmware, Mods or anything else.
- Make a data as we do not know anything might go wrong on performing the tutorial.
- Backup your App data, SMS, Contact, Google data, APN Setting, WhatsApp Message or anything else.
- Xiaomi user can use Mi PC Suite to manually backup the device as PC Suite provide more option for what to choose in backup and even can transfer data from one device to another device.
- INFO: Most of the Tutorials/Guides in Droidphoria.com are for Unlock Android Phones. Please don’t try our Guides if your Device is Factory Locked.
NOTE: Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
HOW TO: Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 on MIUI 8 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
We have put the detailed step-by-step procedure to Root Redmi Note 4 on MIUI 8 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via TWRP Custom Recovery. If you used to Flash Zip files on Xiaomi Galaxy Device via TWRP Recovery, then this should not be any different for you. Please make sure to read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your device so that nothing goes wrong.
- This tutorial is only for rooting Redmi Note 4 on Android 7.0 Official Stock Nougat Firmware. Please do not try on any other Xiaomi variants.
- Your phone should have a custom recovery installed in order to Root your phone.
- We will be using TWRP Recovery for Redmi Note 4 in this tutorial.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
Full Step-by-Step Tutorial:
Step 1: Download SuperSU Zip (BETA-SuperSU-v2.52.zip) for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 to your computer.
Step 2: Connect and mount your Redmi Note 4 USB memory to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3: Now copy/paste the downloaded SuperSU zip file to your phone memory / SD card. Make sure the files are in the phone memory / SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4: Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5: Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons together.
Step 6: Once you are in TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe by tapping on the ‘Wipe’ button. Then swipe on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
Step 7: Now go back to the main menu and then tap on the ‘Install’ button. From the list, choose the ZIP file that you copied to your phone memory in Step 3.
Step 8: Confirm installation on the next screen by swiping on the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option. The installation procedure should start now.
Step 9: Tap on the “Wipe cache/dalvik” button if you get into any boot loops or other issues.
Step 10: You can now reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot System” button.
Your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time after flashing a SuperSU Zip. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 should now have Root access on your phone! Check with any Root Checker App to Verify Root Status.
Any problem during Rooting? Let me know by commenting below! Also, don’t forget to share, ONLY if you found this post helpful to you.